Are you looking at your day planner for the upcoming month and see your schedule swamped with business traveling? Luckily you have that treat-yourself vacation getaway planned at the end of the month to rejuvenate you from all those conferences.
For those that couldn't make it to our Travel In Style fashion seminar co-hosted by the talented styling duo of Est Ovest Style, we have 4 packing tips you'll never forget to share with you!
With this cheat sheet you'll be the most stylish gal at the convention meet-and-greets! Ready - Set - Take Off!
1. Establish your color pallete & build off this for packing.
Pack neutrals plus ONE statement color - this will allow your wardrobe to be multifunctional and light, taking your office look to happy hour with a splash of color.
2. Split the difference & add the necklace.
S H O P / Grayling Jewelry New Arrivals
Jewelry is key to achieving multiple looks from whatever's in your suitcase. You can wear the same basics by updating your attire with a fresh piece of jewelry. A long necklace will also give the illusion of length.
3. Dress to create an hourglass shape.
A good jacket goes a long way...it's a gal's best friend when traveling! It can act as a statement piece transitioning the work blouse from day to night. Plus, by adding a layer that curves in at the waist, it'll give your body the proper attention it deserves.
4. Pack the right shoes & add more jewelry.
Shoes equal weight so be conscious of what you pack. A cute pair of flats are great for the airport and slipping into after a long day on your feet, while a pointier toed shoe paired with a v-shaped necklace will elongate the body. #winning!
TRAVEL PACKING TIPS:
- Use linen bags from your purse or shoes to pack tee and other light-weight items.
- Lay clothes flat stacking them on top of each other and then fold them all together. This helps to prevent creases in your clothes. NOTE - shoes go on bottom of the suitcase.
- Tuck socks and undergarments inside your shoes to save on space.
- Put dainty necklaces in straws and tape the ends to keep from getting tangled.
- Pack the heaviest items by the wheels of the suitcase and work your way up to the lightest. This helps keep your suitcase balanced and easy to maneuver.